Monday, March 30, 2009

hairline cracks

"My heart is like a teacup coverd with hairline cracks. I feel like I have to walk real carefully so it wont get shaken and just all shatter and break... As the cab drives along the highway from the airport into manhatten I shake my wrist so that the skeletons on my charm bracelet do their bone jig. Looking up at all the big buildings and seeing the crowd scurrying along, I know what Weetzie meant about her nerves and the skeletons. New York is not a Weetzie city. Weetzie is a kid of the city where movies are made and it's always sunny, where Marilyns ghost rides up out of her spiky birdy footprints to dance on beams of light with red lacquer dragons in front of the chinese theatre, and james deans head star watches you at the observatory like a fallen star somebody found and put on a pedestal; a city where you can only tell the seasons by the peonies or pumpkins or poinsettias at the florists." -missing angel juan


picture http://tijgermelk.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment